We are seeking a Sr. Scientist, Translational Research that is highly motivated to join our research team and work on-site at an exciting biotech start-up in Redwood City. The Senior Scientist, Translational Research will be responsible for identifying and progressing new product opportunities from analysis of drug projects to developing and leading pre-clinical and clinical validation project plans and will influence strategic direction based on new core science and/or disease opportunities. The Sr. Scientist, Translational Research will work closely with biology and chemistry colleagues as well as with a network of CRO partners. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to Biomea Fusion’s success and will be interacting with senior leaders including the CEO routinely.
- In partnership with Scientific Leadership, initiate and lead projects by managing overall process, data analysis, risk mitigation and decision-making required to progress projects from pre-clinical to early clinical development, and apply expertise to influence overall translational research strategy and project progression
- Formulate biomarker strategies in collaboration with internal program teams
- Collaborate with, and manage, CROs to identify predictive biomarkers with an emphasis on the development and validation of pharmacodynamic assays to support pre-clinical studies
- Lead the development and implementation of the biomarker plans for clinical studies
- Contribute to regulatory documents summarizing translational strategy
- Maintain appropriate documentation and audit trail
- Communicate scientific progress to company leadership and key stakeholders
- Supervise and mentor junior research staff
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Ph.D. with 6+ years of industry experience with biomarker discovery in hematology/oncology space
- Experience with running and analyzing data from Phase I, possibly Phase II clinical trials for very early-stage discovery
- Strong knowledge Oncology (breast, pancreatic, liver, lung, etc.)
- Prior experience with mentoring and coaching of junior technical staff.
- Proven experience with development of predictive biomarkers
- Experience in working with and managing CROs
- Oncology and/or hematology knowledge is highly preferred
- Experience in designing and conducting in vivo experiments in preclinical models and working knowledge of ex vivo assays, such as NGS, flow cytometry, IHC
- Perform standard molecular biology techniques (e.g., Western blot analyses, ELISAs, quantitative PCR, etc.) when needed
- Experience in preparing documents/reports/submissions for regulatory agencies and maintaining audit trail, along with previous interactions with regulatory authorities and preparing to file for phase II and III
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, effective communication, and demonstrated ability to work well and influence cross functional project teams
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Biomea Fusion, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.